Tuesday, September 28, 2010

...42...

yesterday was my birthday...
i celebrated last week with my mom, figuring we would be doing field work by now! then the rains came. no field work. so....

woke up to the girls with a package! that was fun. amanda was so excited! got them off to school....then i enjoyed a 20 minute shower, did chores & then made homemade noodles! being grandpa joe's most favorite i phoned mom and invited her to meet me at the care center...we had chicken & noodles, garden tomoatoes & apple pie with grandpa. this was wonderful. followed by an afternoon of piddling around the farm - picking pumpkins, gathering eggs, my husband coming home with a beautiful card & delicious cake! i decided life at 42 is going to be nothing short of splendid! the kids came home from school and were still all giddy about mom's day - then mel was off to a powder puff football game...teenagers!!! ended my day with a wine cooler & just sitting alone...my life has been blessed with a storybook childhood, parents who still love eachother and me (despite all my shortcomings), an adoring husband, 2 beautiful daughters who continue to amaze me and make me proud, an immediate family that is beyond wonderful, a life on a farm that many dream about, chickens, a puppy named sophie, a kitty named lulu, cows, barn cats, the abilities to appreciate what God has given us, self-employment and the best friends a girl could wish for. i don't know how i did it, but i DID! i accomplished the life i dreamed of...happy birthday to me!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! Happy Birthday, Angie! I missed you at Market Day AND Sample Sunday! Have a wonderful time with harvest this year.. and don't worry, before you know it, you'll be able to drive that grain cart in your sleep (and you might actually start dreaming about it!).

    P.S. HAPPY TUESDAY! :D

    ReplyDelete